Higher Certificate in Business Administration (HCBA)Faculty of Leadership & Business Administration, Public Management & Local Government & Commerce SAQA ID No. 82046/90864 NQF 5 125 Credits 1 Year Register Online
The Higher Certificate in Business Administration qualification is intended for students who want the basic administration and managerial knowledge. It will expose the student to the competencies, knowledge and skills needed to function more effectively in a variety of administrative and managerial roles through service organisations.
This qualification is primarily vocational and industry oriented with Work Integrated Learning being a key component. The qualification provides students with the basic introductory knowledge, cognitive and conceptual tools to further their higher education studies in their chosen field of study. Students may also seek admission to degree or diploma programmes using this qualification as an entry requirement.
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) with an endorsement for admission to a Higher Certificate; or
- The National Certificate Vocational (NCV) at NQF Level 4 with appropriate combinations of recognised subjects and levels of achievement; or
- Further Education and Training (FET) NQF Level 4; or
- Mature age exemption for people above the age of 23 years as set out in the Higher Education Regulations; or
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Higher Certificate in Business Administration (HCBA) – Module Breakdown Year 1
Year 1 Total Credits: 125