National Diploma in Technical Financial Accounting (NQF 5)Accounting & Financial Services SAQA ID No. 36213 251 Credits 2 Years Register Online
Purpose of Qualification
The purpose of this qualification is to provide learners with comprehensive knowledge of
bookkeeping, financial accounting, cost accounting, personal taxation and business law. This
Qualification is designed to equip the learner with the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values
to be appointed as Financial Accounting Technicians who have an important role to play, either
as support staff to the Accountant, where they provide Accounting and Financial Management
support in the field of Accounting and Financial Management in medium to large organisations
or by assuming the role of Accountant in a smaller organisation.
- Senior Bookkeeper
- Debtors Clerk
- Accounting Technician
- Payroll Administrator
- Creditors Clerk
- Assistant Accountant
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB). FASSET SETA
The institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB).
FETC: Bookkeeping level 4
- Certificate in Business Accounting: Level 5.
- Certified Accounting Technician (CAT)
- CIMA Diploma in Management Accounting.
- National Diploma in Financial Accounting: Level 6.
- Qualifications of other professional bodies such as the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.
Assessment of Programme
Assessment is conducted as both Formative Assessment and Summative Assessments. The Formative Assessment is covered as Continuous Assessment Tests and compilation of a Portfolio of Evidence by the student. The Summative Assessment takes place as a National Summative exam for First and Second Semesters.
Year 1 Modules
- Bookkeeping to trial balance
- Payroll and Monthly SARS Returns
- Business Literacy
- Computerised Bookkeeping
Year 2 Modules
- Income Tax Returns
- Business Law and Accounting Control
- Financial Statements
- Cost and Management Accounting