National Diploma in Financial Accounting (NQF 6)Accounting & Financial Services SAQA ID No. 20366 280 Credits 2 Years Register Online
Purpose of Qualification
This qualification provides learners with the knowledge, understanding, skills and experience
to become Financial Accountants as well as aiding social transformation through the formal
acknowledgement of competencies, skills and knowledge in the Financial Accounting field and
develop a specialist accounting and management career, either within South Africa or in other
countries around the world.
- Cost Accountant
- Financial Accountant
- Management Accountant
- Financial Director and Accounting Officer
- Junior Accountant
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB). FASSET SETA
The institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB).
Grade 12 or Equivalent NQF Level 4 Qualification Learners who have completed the National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting at NQF Level 5 will be granted credits toward completion of this Qualification.
- Progression to degree in Accounting.
- Certified Accounting Technician (CAT)
- CIMA Diploma in Management Accounting.
- Qualifications of other professional bodies such as the ICB and Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.
Assessment of Programme
Assessment is conducted as both Formative Assessment and Summative Assessments. The Formative Assessment is covered as Continuous Assessment Tests and compilation of a Portfolio of Evidence by the student. The Summative Assessment takes place as a National Summative exam for First and Second Semesters.
Year 1 Modules
- Bookkeeping to trial balance
- Payroll and Monthly SARS Returns
- Computerised Bookkeeping
- Business Literacy
- Financial Statements
- Cost and Management Accounting
Year 2 Modules
- Income Tax Returns
- Business Law and Accounting Control
- Corporate Strategy
- Management Accounting Control Systems
- Financial Reporting and Regulatory Framework
- Research Theory and Practice