National Certificate in Ward Committee Governance (NQF 2)Faculty of Public Management & Local Government 120 Credits 1 Year Register Online
Purpose of Qualification
The purpose of the qualification is to enable qualifying students to apply the relevant competences required for proactive participation as a Ward Committee member so that they achieve municipal objectives
- Conduct formal meetings to achieve Ward Committee objectives.
- Demonstrate an understanding and apply the role of Ward Committee member in the context of core municipal processes.
- Display an understanding of core municipal functions and Ward Committee in these functions.
- Facilitate service delivery in ward committee con text.
The Department of Higher Education and Training
The institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB).
LG SETA (SAQA ID:57823)
57804: National Certificate: Public Administration, NQF Level 3
Assessment of Programme
Assessment is conducted as both Formative Assessment and Summative Assessments. The Formative Assessment is covered as Continuous Assessment Tests and compilation of a Portfolio of Evidence by the student. The Summative Assessment takes place as a National Summative exam for 1st and 2nd Semester. It is compulsory for all students to complete WIL for completion of the programme.
- Communication Skills
- Mathematical Literacy
- Ward Committee Induction
- Service Delivery within the ward committee system
- Project Management
- Institutions within the ward committee governance
- Interpersonal Skills