National Certificate in Occupationally-Directed Education Training and Development Practices* (NQF 5)TVET 120 Credits 1 Year Register Online
Purpose of Qualification
This qualification is for those who want to build on an FETC in any field to enter the field of
ODETDP as a potential career, and who have little or no previous exposure to Education,
Training and Development (ETD). The development of skills within and for the workplace is
a priority within South Africa, as supported by legislation, national policies and strategies.
Much of the needed skills development is carried out by people who have knowledge and skills
within their area of expertise, but lack the required skills in relation to ETD. Many of the skills
development objectives, nationally and within companies and organisations, are met through
the efforts of ETD practitioners operating at NQF Level 5, and this Certificate addresses the
key competencies of such practitioners. This qualification will meet the needs of those who wish
to progress beyond the FETC ODETDP, or who wish to enter the field of ETD for the first time.
- Learning facilitators
- Student and learning
- Skills Development Facilitators
- Training Manager
- Training Supervisor
- Training Co-Ordinator
- School Secretary
ETDP SETA ( SAQA ID No. 50334)
Further Education and Training certificate or equivalent
50331: “National Diploma: Occupationally-Directed Education Training and Development Practices”, NQF Level 6.
Assessment of Programme
Assessment is conducted as both Formative Assessment and Summative Assessments. The Formative Assessment is covered as Continuous Assessment Tests and compilation of a Portfolio of Evidence by the student. The Summative Assessment takes place as a National Summative Exam for First and Second Semesters. It is compulsory for all students to complete Work Integrated Learning (WIL) for completion of the programme.
- Communication Skills
- Development Facilitation
- Assist and Support Students
- Manage Learning Experiences
- Conduct Assessments
- Moderation of Assessments
- Design and Develop Outcomes Based Assessments
- Addressing Special Needs of Students
- Communicate in a variety of ETD settings.
- Design and develop learning programmes and processes.
- Facilitate and evaluate learning.
- Engage in and promote assessment practices.
- Provide learning support to students and organisations.
- Conduct Skills Development Facilitation
* In Colaboration with PC Educational Holdings (Pty) Ltd