National Certificate in AET Practice (NQF 5)TVET 285 Credits 1 Year Register Online
Purpose of Qualification
The qualification was designed due to demand from within the ABET field for an entry level qualification which would enhance access to qualifications for practitioners in NGOs and rural areas.
The qualification will produce a practitioner who:
- Facilitates an adult learning group effectively using a ready made programme or materials package.
- Facilitates a learning area or areas at ABET levels 1 and 2.
- Ideally works under the ongoing supervision of a more senior practitioner.
- Training Volunteer Educators
- Educators for Levels 1 and 2
- Guidance Councillors
- Community Worker
- Co-operative assistant
- Informal Business
ETDP SETA ( SAQA ID No. 20838)
A GETC or RPL equivalent to Matric NQF level 4
Minimum requirements to complete the qualification
Competency in all modules. The student is allowed to complete re-assessments throughout the year.
This qualification articulates horizontally with other level 4 qualifications in the ETD field, and also articulates vertically with all level 5 qualifications in the ETD field.
Assessment of Programme
Assessment is conducted as both Formative Assessment and Summative Assessments. The Formative Assessment is covered as a Continuous Assessment Tests and compilation of a Portfolio of Evidence by the student. The Summative Assessment takes place as a National Summative Exam for First and Second Semesters. It is compulsory for all students who are employed to complete Work Integrated Learning (WIL) for completion of the programme.
- Communication In The Workplace
- Mathematical Literacy
- Evaluation of Facilitation Performance
- Facilitate Adult Learning Event
- Support Students with Language and Literacy
- Support Students with Special Needs
- Plan a Learning Event