Further Education and Training Certificate in Hospitality Reception* (NQF 4)Faculty of Hospitality 126 Credits 1 Year Register Online
Purpose of Qualification
This qualification has been developed for the reception function within the accommodation industry. It brings together all aspects of front office and supervision. This qualification will professionalise the industry and is applicable to all sectors, from small bed and breakfasts to large-scale hotels. The qualification leads to the accommodation services diploma and provides articulation with Gaming, Travel and other Tourism industries.
- Junior Hotel Receptionist
- Accommodation Service Assistant
- Tourism Administrator
- Hotel Assistant Manager
- Customer Service Assistant
Cathsseta (SAQA ID: 64469)
NQF Level 3 or equivalent qualification.
The qualification at this level is foundational and generic, allowing maximum mobility between qualifications. Apart from the workplace needs the qualification will address, it is
also designed as an entry-level qualification into most further education and training fields, because of the wide application of hospitality in any environment.
Assessment of Programme
Assessment is conducted as both Formative Assessment and Summative Assessments. The Formative Assessment is covered as Continuous Assessment Tests and compilation of a Portfolio of Evidence by the student. The Summative Assessment takes place as a National Summative exam for 1st and 2nd Semester. It is compulsory for all students to complete WIL for completion of the programme.
- Communication 1st Language
- Communication 2nd Language
- Mathematical Literacy
- Customer Services
- Business Development and Operational Procedures
- Health and Safety Procedures
- Agency Operations and Procedures
- Work and Career Development
- Administrative Procedures
* In Colaboration with Institute of Tourism and Hospitality Technology (Pty) Ltd.