Further Education and Training Certificate in Generic Management (NQF 4)SETA Qualifications Business Studies 150 Credits 1 Year Register
Purpose of Qualification
This qualification is intended for junior managers of small organisations, junior managers of business units in medium and large organisations, or those aspiring for these positions.
Junior managers include team leaders, supervisors, foremen and section heads.
- Aspiring Entrepreneurs
- Junior Managers in SMME business
Services SETA (SAQA ID: 57712)
Communication at NQF Level 3, Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 3, Computer Literacy at NQF Level 3.
- The FETC: Management articulates with the National Certificate: Management at NQF Level 5. This qualification articulates horizontally with the following qualifications:
- FETC: New Venture Creation, SAQA ID: 23953
- FETC: Leadership Development, SAQA ID: 50081
- FETC: Business Systems Operations: End User (ERP), SAQA ID: 49176
- FETC: Small Business Advising (Information Support), SAQA ID: 48883
Assessment of Programme
Assessment is conducted as both Formative Assessment and Summative Assessments. The Formative Assessment is covered as Continuous Assessment Tests and compilation of a Portfolio of Evidence by the student. The Summative Assessment takes place as a National Summative exam for the First and Second Semesters. It is compulsory for all students to complete WIL for completion of the programme.
- Understanding the Business
- Workplace Communication
- Leadership in Management
- Written Communication in the Work place
- Mathematical Concepts in the Work place
- Communication Second Langauge