Diploma in Public Sector Accounting (NQF 5)Faculty of Public Management & Local Government SAQA ID No. 20353 137 Credits 1 Year Register
Purpose of Qualification
This qualification provides learners with the knowledge, understanding, skills and experience to work as a qualified technician in the public sector. Make a positive contribution to the country by improving public finance management, contribute to optimal use of state resources and demonstrate a shift from cash to accrual accounting. To provide the public sector with professionally qualified, skilled staff, who are able to make a positive contribution to improving public finance management, to add value to their departments and to contribute to the efficiency and productivity of the government of South Africa.
- Public Accounts Administrator
- Technical Public Accountant
- Debt collection
- Financial consultants
- Assistant to auditor
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB). FASSET SETA
The institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB).
Learners who have completed the Certificate in Public Sector Accounting at NQF Level 4 will be granted credits toward completion of this Qualification.
- Learners, who successfully completed the Diploma in Public Sector Accounting (NQF 5), will be granted credits for the National Diploma: Public sector accounting NQF 6
- Qualifications of other professional bodies such as the ICB and CIMA
Assessment of Programme
Assessment is conducted as both Formative Assessment and Summative Assessments. The Formative Assessment is covered as Continuous Assessment Tests and compilation of a Portfolio of Evidence by the student. The Summative Assessment takes place as a National Summative exam for First and Second Semesters.
Year 1 Modules
- Bookkeeping to trial balance
- Business Literacy
- Computerised Bookkeeping
- Public Accounting Administration
- Financial Statements
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Business Law and Accounting Control
- Technical Public Accounting