Advanced Certificate in Business AdministrationFaculty of Leadership & Business Administration, Public Management & Local Government & Commerce SAQA ID No. 84026 NQF 6 120 Credits 1 Year Register
The Advanced Certificate in Business Administration allows for articulation from the Higher Certificate in Business Administration qualification.
The purpose of this qualification is to prepare students for a career in business or for proceeding to an Intermediate level of business management study. This qualification is primarily vocational and industry oriented with Work Integrated Learning being a key component.
The qualification provides students with the relevant knowledge, cognitive and conceptual tools to further their higher education studies in their chosen field of study. Students may also seek admission to degree or diploma programmes using this qualification as an entry requirement.
Students who may have completed a related qualification at NQF Level 5 and would like to study further, or would like to study for a further period of one year will find this qualification most desirable.
Unemployed youth and others in employment would also benefit as the knowledge and skills acquired could be used immediately in the workplace.
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) with an endorsement for admission to a Higher Certificate; or
- The National Certificate Vocational (NCV) at NQF Level 5 with appropriate combinations of recognised subjects and levels of achievement; or
- Further Education and Training (FET) NQF Level 5; or
- Mature age exemption for people above the age of 23 years as set out in the Higher Education Regulations; or
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Advanced Certificate in Business Administration – Module Breakdown Year 1
Year 1 Total Credits: 120